Thursday, August 9, 2007

WTB Air Conditioning for Tent

(I uploaded more pictures from yesterday, as well as some from today, tonight we have electricity and a better internet connection.)

I love driving in Colorado. It’s so pretty there, every time you turn a corner, it’s another sweeping vista. Sadly we left the mountains, and the eastern side of the state is pretty flat. It was interesting for about 5 minutes. And we hadn’t even hit Kansas yet.

So, when planning this trip, I didn’t realize how BORING it would be to drive through Kansas. I don’t know how people do it without Harry Potter. Seriously, aperating would have been awesome. Any other audio book would be fine too, as long as it distracts you from going blind from the flat, straight, green. And cows. Many of them standing in water. I was soooo happy we had air conditioning. We put up a pillow case in the passenger side window though, we both are getting overly tanned / border-line burned on our right arms.

We finally got through Kansas, and into Missouri. WOW. I guess I never realized the power of humidity. Living on the West Coast has kept me sheltered. We got to our site, and immediately started sweating the moment we got out of the car. On top of yelling to communicate over the drone of the cicadas, we finally got the site set up, and now I’m doing this. Exciting, huh? I know I’m not as witty as Jason, but honestly, it’s too hot to think of anything else.

I miss my kitties. And I finally saw a cactus yesterday, but we never saw one of the Taco Time ones. I tried calling them Sbarros, then realized I was hungry. They’re actually Saguaros. I learned that off of a post card.

<3 Merrilee

1 comment:

Geoff said...

oh just wait until you get to Virginia... My ac works well though, we just wont leave the house until dark.