Tuesday, August 7, 2007

No Cacti

I think that's how you spell Cacti. I'm not getting an error on spell check, so that must be correct. I only saw potted ones in California :( I want to see real ones tomorrow!

We spent last night and this morning with my Uncle Rick. It was so great to be able to spend some time with him and two of my cousins. We don't get to see them very often! Rick even got up and made us a great breakfast. We then left, and drove through California, down 99, Over to 58, then up 15 a bit, then on 40 into Arizona. We kept forgetting the numbers, and so I've recorded them now that I have them correct.

The drive itself was just driving. We stopped at In-N-Out Burger for lunch. I'd never eaten there before. One of our goals for this trip is to not eat at a restaurant that we can eat at at home. So no McDonalds... etc. So this was a fun treat.

I love that the speed limits are 75. But it makes it a real shock to switch to a slower speed limit! Anyway, I'm not going to write a whole lot tonight, we need to go to bed early so we can get a super early start tomorrow.

Just remember to ask us about our made up songs, and our new careers as annoying song singer/songwriters.

<3 Merrilee

No comments: