Wednesday, August 22, 2007

blog ity blog blog blog

yeah, so it's been awhile again. Somehow it's harder to blog when you are staying at a house rather than a campsite...go figure. However, we are now on our homeward stretch and it's nothing but campsite on the way so....I can officially announce that we will try to post almost every day when we have the time!

I believe we left off in connecticut...which was fun. We met up with a ton of the HoA gang and had a pretty crazy fun party. It was really great meeting, in person, all of these people we have known for almost 2 years. Good times were had by all and it was difficult to tear ourselves away, but we finally managed to make our way through the state of New York. Sunday night, we stayed at a campsite in Herkimer...which was nice...but very cold. An eventuality we were not wholly prepared for. Luckily, it was a short driving day (4 hours) to the Buffalo area to visit Merrilee's dad.

We had an excellent time touring their town and visiting Niagara Falls with them on Monday and Tuesday. We did the "Maid of the Mist" and "Cave of the Winds" tourist thingies and was able to experiance the falls in the wettest way possible. We got souvenior shoes! WOOO. Except I donated mine...which I regretted later as my Vans got completely drenched and took nearly 8 hours to dry. However, all and all it was an excellent day.

We woke up this morning and met Behr for breakfast at Tim Horton's. Not half bad coffee and/or breakfast. One thing that is refreshing to know about this roadtrip is that all of my friends that I enjoy "virtually" and thoroughly enjoy in real life...or IRL for those of you "in the know." The day was pretty uneventful. Pulled into our campsite in Indiana around 6...got lost trying to make our way to Michigan for dinner...Merrilee stressed out...I made lots of jokes to make her feel better...she yelled at me for making jokes...I made jokes about not making jokes...she hit me. A good time was had by all.

Oh, and one thing I will not miss about the east coast and mid west is...HUMIDITY. We don't get much of it in Washington and thank the lord almighty for that. Humidity sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think those two poncho pics are going to give me nightmares.