Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Adventure Begins....

Here we are folks, day 1 of our 22ish day adventure across the United States. I had the pleasure of starting out today with a 2 hour math exam...WOOOOOOO. Even though it was terribly exciting, I'll refrain from giving you the terrible details. Merrilee spent the morning doing last minute preparations for the road ahead, got the car loaded...etc.

Once I got home, I took a shower and we took off. Our first stop was at Jason and Molly The Flavor (I type it that way because I can't spell his last name....and this sounds cooler anyway). Check out our pictures section for exciting pictures. The wedding was nice and it is always good to hang out with the old crew. The last few times I have seen them is at weddings. It's always amazing to me that no matter how old we get, no matter how many responsibility's we have, when we get together we're just a bunch of kids. At the last wedding, we spent hours coloring on the pretty table mats and then ate crayons. Then talked about creating edible crayons as a business venture because actual crayons don't taste very good. Not sure why we ate them as children really...they are just so colorful. Today, we played table Jenga and drew maps on the tables. We also named the 50 states a la' Friends. Merrilee proved her dominance in "state naming" by completing all 50 solo before Ben and David could do it together. Great pictures on the Flickr...so check it out.

Other than that...hung out at my Parent's house because it was my Mom's birthday and saw my sister off on her 2 week vacation to South Dakota with a friend. Laying in bed now, getting ready for the REAL beginning tomorrow. We're heading down the Oregon coast tomorrow and hope to be in Crecent City by the late afternoon.

See ya tomorrow!

Gas Price: 2.99
Mileage today: 110 miles
Mileage total: 110 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck guys. I am happy for you, that you got a chance to do this now, it only gets harder in the future.

-Lights