Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Merrilee's Two Cents

Yesterday was great. Jason didn't add that the reason the post for Day Two was late was because the open wireless internet at the campground still needed a password according to my computer, but there was no password. Grrr. I hope we don't continue to have a problem connecting at KOA's. Oh well, I think they have different providers at each one, so that should make it better.

I actually enjoyed all the tourist traps, and someday I'd like to go back and do some of the hikes. Driving through groves of huge trees was awesome though. I'm adding it to my list of re-visiting places. This trip is mostly to see what we want to see more of! We took 101 almost half way down the coast, then headed inland. It was crazy, one moment we were driving through gorgeous mountains that reminded me of eastern Washington (with less rocks) and then all of a sunden we were in a completely flat valley, full of orchards and farms. Looking back at the mountains it was like a hard line of where the foothills started and stopped. So different than Washington!

It was great to see Uncle Rick, Zack, and Kyler. They've grown up so much since we last saw them. Anyway, we have a huge day of driving, and more Harry Potter to get through.

<3 Merrilee

No comments: